Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Planning for our trip






Hi my name is Morgan. I go to DeLong Middle School. This is my blog about my civil rights trip. My mom works at UW-Eau Claire and she leads a group of students on this trip every year. I went with her two years ago and learned a lot. I want to go again now that I am older so I will remember more of the civil rights movement history.
These are some pictures from my first trip. In the first picture my sister and I are on the steps of 16th Street Baptist Church in Birmingham where four little girls were killed when the church was bombed. Then I am signing a pledge at the wall of tolerence at the Southern Poverty Law Center. My mom, sister, brother and I are in front of the Civil Rights Memorial in the last picture.
I am excited about this trip and promise to post everyday so Mrs. Huston's class can learn from my trip! I am reading "Warriors Don't Cry" and will write about what I learn in that book too.
Morgan

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you learn a great deal on the trip, Morgan!

Simply Mom said...

Morgan,

I can't wait to read your blogs each day! The other students are going to learn a lot from your experience. I'd love to hearmore about the book your reading. Do you think it would be a good one to read out loud?

Have fun on your trip, Morgan.
Mrs. H

Amber said...

Morgan Sue... have fun girly. Wish I could go too! Miss you, learn a lot so you can tell me all about it!

Anonymous said...

T-R grandpa and I will be checking on you and trip. Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grandma Susie

Anonymous said...

Morgan, I hope you have a wonderfull time. I know you will learn a lot. Take some warm clothes, It is cold down south right now.
Love, Grandpa

Kimera said...

Morgan;

I want to get more pictures of you girls at these places - especially the monument. Can't wait.

Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi Morgan,

Have a safe and fun educational trip. I am looking forward to see more photos.

Sim Yin