Monday, January 11, 2010

Rosa Parks


Hi it is Morgan and today we went to Birmingham and Montgomery, Alabama. It was so much fun this morning we listened to a professor talk. Then we ate in there food court on campus. Then we went on the bus we went to Montgomery. Plus we went to the Rosa Parks museum. It was very interactive. I learned that Rosa had been yelled at by the same bus driver many years before. It was weird to know that it wasn't the first time that Rosa had been treated badly by the bus driver. I also learned that Rosa wasn't the first one to get arrested for not moving on the bus. People were arrested for boycotting. The boycott lasted 382 days. Then we went to eat. The food was great,and the waitresses were so nice. But then we had to go to the hotel. There is a pool so we went swimming. Something I learned today is that don't give up cause if you don't everyone else won't. The people in Montgomery all worked together and didn't give up.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is true "don't give up 'cause if you don't everyone else won't."
C.W.

Anonymous said...

Is there any more info about the boycott? If there is please tell

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have the courage to stand up either. I'd just walk and not deal with the bus because I'd be afraid of going to jail or something.

CU

Anonymous said...

This may sound like I'm not brave but I am. I would rode the bus.






J.N

Susan Huston said...

It's amazing what can happen when people work together and refuse to give up. I was digging in my drawers in the classroom and found three videos about the Civil Rights movement that I will have to share. One is specifically about the bus boycott.

Anonymous said...

It was really crazy back then dude. I felt bad for those people who witnessed the horror.