Saturday, January 16, 2010

Great Day in Little Rock

Today was a great day. We started our day at the Clinton School of Public Service. We listened to graduate students there talk about what they are learning about how to make social change so the world is a better and more fair place. It was really interesting to learn about what they are doing now and what they plan to do in the future. I think I will be able do something like what they are doing some day.
Then we went to the Heifer International Headquarters. It was so cool and I learned so much about what Heifer is doing to help make the world a better place. We learned the importance of sustainability and how we need to take care of the earth. We also toured their green building and learned about the techniques they used to make the buildings ecofriendly. The exhibits were very interactive so we learned so much about ending poverty in our world.
Then we went to the Bill Clinton Presidential Library. It was also really cool and very interesting. We learned about the role politics play in social justice. We also got to see some cool things from the presidency. I got to sit in the president's chair in the cabinet room. I don't if I would want to be president. But, I hope that a woman will be able to be president someday. It was cool to sit in the chair and think that someone like me could be president some day! The best part about the day was that my grandpa drove up from Texas to spend the day with us. He learned new stuff and had fun too. It was great to see him!













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miranda,
It was great spending the day with your group. I really enjoyed all 3 of the stops, and thought they were very educational, even for an old man. I don't know if you saw the message scrolling across the top of one of the displays at Heifer International. It said "give a person a fish, you feed them for a day. Teach them how to fish, you feed them for life". Same thing we were talking about at breakfast. I think you should be very thankful for the opportunity to be exposed to the things and ideas you have experienced on this trip. I have enjoyed following the blog and experiencing them with you.

Love,
grandpa