Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 2 of Morgan's Adventure











Day 2. Today we went to a church service. Then we went to the Martin Luther King Jr. birth place. Plus we went to Freedom Hall and got to see his Nobel Peace Prize. Then we went to the King Center. After that we drove to Birmingham Civil Rights Museum and watched the Four Little Girls movie. We learned in the movie about the girls who died in the church bombing. The museum was really interactive so I liked it alot. Then we got to go to the park with the statues of the children from the movement. Next we got to see the 16th Street Church. Then we went to the biggest buffet I've ever seen. The food was really good. My mom got her favorite thing, friend okra. After the wonderful food we went to the hotel and went swimming. The college students played Marco Polo with us and we had a blast. Getting tired. Off to bed.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Morgan,
Sounds like you are learning a lot and seeing a lot of interesting things. I'm glad to see that you didn't wear your winter hat into church. Keep me posted, it is fun following all your adventures on the blog

Love,
Grandpa

Anonymous said...

Hello Morgan, sounds like you are having fun on your trip. Everyone here at school misses you :(
Sincerely,JO

Anonymous said...

Hey Morgan. What is fried okra? it sounds kinda funny.
Bye, Mw

Anonymous said...

Too lucky! Pull me along!

signed
Anonymous (S.T.)

Anonymous said...

About how many foods do you think were there? What kind of foods were there? Sincerely, S.H

Anonymous said...

Hi, I like when you siad that when the girl died in the church bombing. But till me more about her. How did she die?

DR

Anonymous said...

I wish that I was there too. It sounds like your having a lot of fun! B.H

Susan Huston said...

As I read your thoughts and read Warriors Don't Cry, I am amazed by what people have gone through and what others stood by and allowed to happen. There is a picture in Warriors Don't Cry that absolutely saddens me. It is the one with the black student trying to enter the school with the distorted faces of mothers screaming things at her from behind. The picture has haunted me the last few days because I just can't imagine mothers having that much hate in their hearts. I have a feeling I would be equally haunted by the things you are experiencing on your trip. I think it's a journey I need to take one day.

Anonymous said...

Wow...thats a big pool!