Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Miranda's trip plans


I can't wait to leave for the trip. It sounds like it will be a lot of fun!!


Last time when I went I learned a lot about the history of the Civil Rights movement. I am reading the book Warriors Don't Cry by Melba Pattillo Beals. She was one of the Little Rock nine. I got to meet Minni Jean Brown, one of the other nine when I went on the trip before. This time we will meet Thelma Mothershed Wair another one of the nine. it is amazing what they had to do in order to go school. I will tell you more about the book as I go.
We leave on Friday. I'll write more before we leave!
Miranda

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Miranda-

I know this will be an amazing learning experience for you!

I hope you have fun, too.

Jodi

Anonymous said...

What a great opportunity for you, Miranda. I know I will learn a lot from what you write on your blog. I wish I could go along!

Have fun,
Susan

Anonymous said...

sounds like a lot of fun miranda

Amber said...

Have fun hun! I'm so jealous... wish I could go with you guys, so you'll have to pay extra close attention to it all so you can teach me!

Anonymous said...

Grandpa and I will be checking out your trip... Have fun Grandma Susie

Anonymous said...

Miranda, I am looking forward to your updates on the trip. I hope you have a great time. Take some warm clothes, as it is colder than it usually is when you come south.

Love you Grandpa

Kimera said...

I'm so excited we're joining you this time -- we can't wait!

Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi Miranda,

Have a safe and fun educational trip. I am looking forward to read all about it.

Sim Yin

Anonymous said...

coolllll